10 – 12 months
200 grams (10 ounces) of filleted white fish
1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 clove of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
1 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh mint
1 medium ripe tomato, peeled, de-seeded and chopped
1 pinch of ground turmeric
1 pinch of ground cumin
1 tablespoon of ghee (clarified butter), or vegetable oil
1. Use clean fingers to check the fish carefully for any remaining bones. Use tweezers to remove any bones that you find, and then cut the fish into cubes.
2. Put the ghee, onion, garlic and mint into a small/medium-sized saucepan over low heat and stir/fry slowly until the onion turns golden brown and is soft.
3. Add the cumin and turmeric and stir/fry again for 2-3 minutes, then add the tomato and cook until the tomato becomes a pulp.
4. Put the fish into the pan and stir to combine, then simmer the mixture gently for 10 minutes until the fish is cooked and flaking.
5. Give a final stir to break the fish into flakes, then turn off the heat and serve portions with softly cooked white rice.