10 – 12 months
300 grams (16 ounces) of minced (ground) chicken
1 cup of fresh blueberries, well washed and drained (or use frozen)
½ a mango, peeled and flesh sliced off the stone
2 sweet apples, peeled, cores removed and flesh chopped into small pieces
2 medium-sized beetroots, peeled and chopped into small pieces
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
½ cup of water
1. Put apple, mango and beetroot into a medium-sized saucepan, add the water and cover the pan with a lid.
2. Poach gently over medium heat for 6-7 minutes – or until everything is soft – then drain off any liquid and reserve it.
3. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a medium frying pan over medium/high heat.
4. Put in the chicken and use a non-metal spoon to stir/fry and break up lumps until the chicken is lightly browned and cooked through – about 6 to 8 minutes.
5. Add the blueberries to the chicken to warm through and soften, then combine with the apple/mango/beetroot mixture.
6. Blend with a stick blender or a food processor – blending in batches if necessary, and using reserved cooking liquid to get the desired consistency.