10 – 12 months
2 dried apricots
1 tablespoon orange juice
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon custard powder (use organic preservative free)
1/2 cup breastmilk or formula
1. Peel pear, remove core and chop into small pieces.
2. Peel banana and chop into small pieces.
3. Dice apricots into small pieces.
4. Using a small pan, add in the pear, banana, apricot, orange juice and water.
5. Bring the pan to boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 8 – 10 minutes until the fruit is cooked through.
6. Mash using a fork the pear, banana and apricot.
7. In a separate small bowl mix in the custard powder and 2 tablespoons of breastmilk or formula.
8. When the custard powder is mixed add in the rest of the breastmilk or formula.
9. Using a separate pan add in the custard powder mix and gently heat and stir until it is thickened.
10. Combine the cooked custard to the mashed fruit.