12 – 36 months
1 cup of wholemeal self raising flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 a cup of rolled oats
2 tablespoons of raw sugar
3 tablespoons of raisins
2 apples – peeled and chopped into small pieces
3/4 cup of natural yoghurt
3/4 cup milk
3 tablespoons of butter
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1. Pre heat oven to 200 deg C (180 deg C if a fan forced oven)
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl – self raising flour, baking powder, cinnamon, rolled oats, sugar, raisins and chopped apple.
3. In a separate bowl mix in the wet ingredients – egg, milk, yoghurt and butter (melt in the microwave for 20 seconds).
4. Pour the mixed wet ingredients with the mixed dry ingredients and stir through until combined.
5. Use some spray oil to line the baking muffin tray. Then spoon the muffin mixture evenly into each cavity.
6. Bake into the oven for 25 minutes until cooked through. Use a skewer to check if it is cooked through. If the skewer comes out wet with the mixture then keep baking for a little while longer.
Great for school lunches as well! These are really tasty and won’t last long. You may need to double your batch next time around!