12 – 36 months
1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
1 medium sized leek, sliced
1 cup of corn kernals (fresh or tinned corn kernals are fine)
1 cup of chopped cooked chicken
3/4 cup grated cheese
2 sheets of puff pastry
1 Egg, lightly beaten
1. In a medium sized fry pan add in the oil, bring to the heat and cook off the chopped leek until it has softened. If using fresh corn cook off at the beginning with the leek.
2. Combine the leek, corn, chicken and cheese in a bowl and mix together. Season with a little pepper and salt to taste.
3. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
4. Get a sheet of the puff pastry and cut into four quarters. and place them onto a baking tray. Use baking paper underneath! Repeat this with the other sheet of puff pastry.
5. Spoon the mixture into the middle of the cut squares of puff pastry. Fold each square from corner to corner to form a triangle. Press down at the edges of the triangles to hold the mixture in.
6. Brush the beaten egg mixture on top of the triangles lightly and put into the oven for 10 – 15 minutes until golden brown.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool so it is not too hot.
You do not have to cook all the triangles at the same time. You can freeze the left over triangles for another time.