12 – 36 months
½ cup of cooked quinoa
1 small onion, peeled and chopped finely
1-2 teaspoons of olive oil
1 clove of garlic, peeled and chopped finely
1 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger
¾ cup of canned cannellini beans, rinsed
½ teaspoon of curry powder
¾ cup of canned chopped tomatoes
1. Pour 1 cup of water into a small saucepan (with a lid) and bring to the boil over medium heat, then stir in ½ a cup of quinoa and bring back to the boil.
2. Reduce the heat to low, put the lid on the pan, and simmer gently for 10-15 minutes, until the water has been absorbed and the quinoa is soft – checking that it does not boil dry.
3. Heat the oil in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat, add the onion and turn the heat to medium/low then cook the onion gently for 2 minutes, stirring, until the onion is soft and light brown.
4. Add the garlic and ginger and continue to cook and stir for 2 minutes, then add the beans and curry powder and stir for a few moments more.
5. Add the tomatoes and ½ cup of cooked quinoa, then lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Mash everything together well.