12 – 36 months
For the Hummus
1 x 400 gram (13 ounce) can of chickpeas – low salt, sugar-free
¼ cup of olive oil
1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon of ground cumin
For the Crunchy Dipping Fingers
4 slices of bread, crusts removed
2 teaspoons of butter
1. Strain the liquid from the chickpeas into a small bowl and set aside.
2. Put the chickpeas, olive oil, lemon juice and cumin into a medium-sized bowl and use a stick blender to get the desired texture – adding reserved liquid if necessary. Or blend using a food processor.
Crunchy Dipping Fingers
1. Firmly roll each slice of bread with a rolling pin until thin.
2. Spread some butter onto each slice then cut slices into four to make 16 pieces in all.
3. Put the pieces onto the prepared tray and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.