12 – 36 months
250 grams of minced chicken (preferrably free range)
1 red capsicum
2 medium sized potatoes
1/2 tin of red kidney beans
1/2 cup pasta sauce
1/2 an onion
1/2 cup grated cheese
2 table spoons sour cream
1 teaspoon ground cumin spice
1. Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees C
2. Using a fork, prick the potatoes 3 or 4 times for each one. Put on a small plate and microwave on high for 6 minutes. Then put potatoes on a baking tray and put into the oven for 25 minutes.
3. Chop up finely the onion and capsicum.
4. On a medium to high heat, add a little vegetable oil and cook off the onion and capsicum until golden brown.
5. Add in the minced chicken and stir through braking up the chicken into small pieces, separating it. Then add in the ground cumin and stir through again.
6. Add in the pasta sauce and red kidney beans and cook for another minute. Then take off the heat and check on the potatoes.
7. When potatoes are crispy on the outside, remove from the oven and allow to cool a little.
8. Cut them in half and scoop out the potato (not all of it!) and put the scooped potato into the pan with the other ingredients. Cut a little slice at the bottom of the cut potato so the potato half can stand up.
9. Spoon the mexican mix from the pan into each potato half.
10. Add a teaspoon of sour cream to each potato half then sprinkle with the grated cheese. Then it is ready to serve!
Makes 4 meals
With any left over mexican chicken mix, keep it for another meal. I found that it worked really well in tortillas! Tacos would be good too!