12 – 36 months
½ cup of plain (all purpose) flour
1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon of baking soda
1 small pinch of salt
½ cup of rolled oats
¼ cup of raisins
¼ cup of vegetable oil
½ cup of apple puree
1 large egg
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C (375F).
2. Grease a flat baking tray with a little extra oil.
3. Sift the flour, baking soda, spices and salt into a medium-sized bowl and stir in the oats and raisins.
4. In another medium-sized bowl, beat the egg lightly then mix in the oil and the apple puree.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and stir gently but swiftly to combine everything well.
6. Drop heaped teaspoons of mixture onto the baking tray, keeping them well separated, then bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden and firm to the touch. Cool on the tray.