12 – 36 months
1 cup of minced (ground) chicken
½ a sweet potato, peeled
1 medium apple, peeled and core removed
1 small clove of garlic (optional)
½ a small onion
2 egg yolks, beaten
¼ cup of cooked quinoa
A pinch dried thyme
1. Pour a ½ cup of water into a small saucepan (with a lid) and bring to the boil over medium heat, then stir in ¼ cup of quinoa and bring back to the boil.
2. Reduce the heat to low, put the lid on the pan, and simmer gently for 10-15 minutes, until the water has been absorbed and the quinoa is soft – checking that it does not boil dry.
3. Preheat the oven to 180 Deg C.
4. Using a fine/medium grater, grate the sweet potato, apple, and onion into a bowl and mix together. If using, peel the garlic clove and grate or chop it finely. (or put into a food processor)
5. Stir in the chicken, beaten egg yolk, ¼ cup of cooked quinoa and the thyme, and mix everything together well – by hand preferably.
6. Take large spoonsful of the mixture and make little balls with your hands, then flattened slightly.
7. Cook in a lake fry pan for 4 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
8. Put patties on a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes.
9. Serve as a finger food.