6 – 8 months
1 eating apple
½ of a cup of water
¼ of an avocado (skin and stone removed)
breast milk, baby formula milk or water
1. Peel the apple and remove the core.
2. Chop apple flesh into small pieces.
3. Put chopped apple into a small saucepan with the ½ cup of water.
4. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes or until apple is tender.
5. Remove the apple from the pan and put it into a small bowl.
6. Add the avocado to the bowl.
7. Using a stick blender, blend the apple and avocado until smooth, or mash with a fork for more texture.
8. If the mixture is too thick add a little expressed breast milk, baby formula milk or water to achieve the desired consistency.