6 – 8 months
1 ripe avocado
1 cob of sweet corn, husks removed
Water (or fresh breast milk or formula milk)
1. Half fill a medium-sized saucepan with water and bring to the boil, then put in the corn cob.
2. Reduce the heat to medium/low and boil gently for about 10 minutes, until corn cob is soft (test with the point of a sharp knife).
3. Remove the corn cob from the water and allow it to cool.
4. Put the cob on a board and hold it with a fork while using a sharp knife to cut the kernels from the core.
5. Cut the avocado in half down to the stone, twist to pull the flesh away from the stone then scoop the flesh out of the skin.
6. Put the avocado and corn kernels into a small/medium bowl, add a teaspoon of water and use a stick blender to make a smooth puree – adding more water if necessary to get the right consistency. For a creamier puree, use fresh breast milk or formula milk.