6 – 8 months
1 tablespoon of olive oil
250 grams (8 ounces) of lean minced beef
½ an onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 x 400 gram (13 ounce) can of diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon of tomato paste
1. Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat.
2. Put in the chopped onion and stir/fry for 1-2 minutes until transparent but not brown.
3. Add the minced beef and stir/fry until light brown all over, breaking up any lumps.
4. Add the tomatoes and tomato paste, stir together well, and bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 8 minutes.
5. Turn off the heat and allow to cool a little, then use a stick blender to blend to the texture required.