6 – 8 months
1/2 cup of white rice
1/4 cup of milk
1 apple (peeled and chopped into small pieces)
A pinch of cinnamon
1. Using a small pot boil 1 cup of water and add in the rice. Reduce heat, put the lid on the pot and simmer on a low heat until the rice is cooked for 5-8 minutes.
2. Using a small pot boil 1/2 a cup of water and add in the chopped apple. Reduce heat and simmer until the apple is cooked for 5-8 minutes.
3. Combine cooked rice, stewed apple, milk and cinnamon into a small pot. (use the same pot you used to cook the apple).
4. Simmer gently for 5 – 8 minutes until it is all heated through.
5. To blend use a stick blender until it is smooth.
6. For more texture for your baby try mashing with a fork until you get the right consistency.