Avoiding Digestive Problems
Avoiding Digestive Problems
Avoid Baby Digestive Problems and Pinpoint Problem Foods
Use ‘The 4 Day Rule’ when you are introducing new foods into your baby’s diet. This will help you spot any digestive problems or allergy issues quickly, and you’ll know the cause.
- When you introduce a new food to your baby, include it in baby’s meals for four consecutive days.
- It’s OK to carry on giving him other foods that you have safely introduced before.
- Allergic reactions usually happen quickly, often within 1 hour of your baby eating the food – although sometimes it can take 3 or 4 days for a reaction to occur.
- Digestive problems can take a few days to appear.
- Don’t introduce two new foods at the same time. Keep to just one new food for the 4 days (of course, it’s OK to carry on giving foods you’ve already introduced).
- If you identify any problems, stop giving the new food. If the problem is not severe and it goes away, you may possibly want to re-introduce the food sometime later.
- If you spot a problem you won’t need to experiment to find its cause, so there’s no risk of the reaction happening again – you’ll know exactly which food is the offender!
But remember…Always introduce new foods early in the day, because:
- If your baby suffers a severe allergic reaction, it’s easier to get medical help.
- If the new food does cause digestive problems (diarrhoea, wind, tummy discomfort) you have the rest of the day for it to settle – so you’ll all have a good night’s sleep!
If your baby is less than 6 months old and you want to start introducing solids, make it ‘The 7 Day Rule’. According to some experts, younger babies are more likely to have allergic reactions or digestive problems. Take things slowly and use The 4 Day Rule. You will be able to spot any problems and have an idea of the cause.
Your baby will be happy and healthy, and you’ll both enjoy this exciting new stage in baby’s life.
This information presented to you acts as a guide which contains researched information only and is not intended to replace advice from a qualified health professional.
More about Baby Recipes
At babyrecipes.org there is lots of very useful information that is right here on our baby recipes website. There are easy to use baby food guides, making baby food and related topics to help you feed your baby with lots of care. There is a wide range of baby food information available to you which will better inform you when it comes to the health and safety of your baby. Learn about what baby food you should introduce to your baby and at what age. Find out more about what the benefits of individual baby food and how they can be good for your baby.
There is a great range of baby recipes for you to choose from. The baby recipes are easy to find and easy to follow with step by step instructions. When cooking food for baby you only want the best naturally. Our baby recipes provides the best food baby will need, full of nutrition and well balanced. Having a baby is an all consuming experience and this baby recipes website has been put together to help parents have a great resource to refer to as a guide or when you want to cook up tasty baby food from one of our baby recipes for your baby.