10 – 12 months
4-5 cups of chopped fresh spinach (green only, remove white stalk)
1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 small piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
2 small zucchini (courgettes), finely chopped
1 small red bell pepper (capsicum), seeds removed, chopped
2 teaspoons of olive oil
1 pinch of ground turmeric
1 pinch of ground cumin
1 pinch of ground coriander
¼ cup of unsweetened apple juice
½ cup of water
½ teaspoon of fresh lemon juice (optional)
1. Heat the oil in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat, add the onion and stir/fry until soft.
2. Stir in the chopped ginger with the cumin, coriander and turmeric, and stir/fry for a minute more, then add the zucchini (courgette), apple juice and water.
3. Bring to the boil then put a lid on the pan and reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
4. Add in the red pepper and spinach and stir until the spinach has wilted. Re-cover and cook for 5 more minutes.
5. Simmer for a few more minutes, or until the pepper is soft, then remove from the heat and chop or process with a stick blender to the required texture.
6. Serve with softly cooked rice.
Serve up with a spoonful of natural yogurt on top! Cooked brown or white rice is also a great combo for this dish too!