8 – 10 months
190 grams (6 ounces) of lean minced (ground) beef
1 potato, peeled and chopped into small pieces
½ a cup of frozen peas
1 carrot, peeled and diced
½ an onion, diced (optional)
½ a cup of water
1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
1. Brown the beef lightly in a dry, medium-sized saucepan, over medium heat.
2. Add in the peas, carrots, garlic, potato and onion and sauté (lightly fry) for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add water and bring to the boil then lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. For an older baby, mash to the right texture and serve with the potato.
5. For a younger baby, use a stick blender to puree the meat mixture, adding water or formula to get the desired consistency, then mash in the potatoes.