8 – 10 months
1 large beetroot or 2 small ones
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1/2 a celery stalk
1/4 cup low salt or homemade chicken stock or vegetable stock
1/4 teaspoon of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
A pinch of cinnamon and ground cloves
1. Preheat your oven to 190 deg C.
2. Peel beetroot and chop into small pieces.
3. Put beetroot on a baking tray under some baking paper and drizzle over with the olive oil.
4. Bake beetroot for 20 – 30 minutes until the beetroot is cooked.
5. Chop celery into small pieces.
6. In a small pot saute the celery on a high heat for 2 – 3 minutes.
7. Add to the pot the stock, ginger, ground cinnamon and ground cloves.
8. Add to the pot the cooked beetroot.
8. Bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer with a lid on for 5 minutes.
9. Using a stick blender puree until nice and smooth. You could also use a food processor here.