10 – 12 months
1 cup of self raising flour
1 cup of blueberries
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup of milk
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1. Mix together in a medium sized bowl the self raising flour, salt, egg, vanilla extract and milk.
2. Mix thoroughly with a fork until you have beaten out all the lumps and have a nice smooth consistency.
3. Heat up a medium sized, non stick pan on the stove top. Bring the non stick pan to a medium to high heat.
4. Add in a little vegetable oil and cover the pan with a thin film of the oil.
5. Using a dessert spoon, spoon in the mixture to make 3 or 4 pikelets.
6. Then add the blueberries to each pikelet. About 5 or 6 berries per pikelet.
7. Allow to cool and serve
Makes 12 pikelets
You can use other berries or even stone fruits like peaches or apricots.