10 – 12 months
½ cup of minced (ground) chicken
½ a zucchini (courgette), grated
½ a carrot, peeled and grated
1 tablespoon of parsley, washed, dried and finely chopped
1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon of wheat germ
Extra wheat germ for coating
Vegetable oil for frying
1. Combine the mince, zucchini, carrot, parsley and garlic.
2. Add the egg yolk and the wheat germ and mix and mash everything together well.
3. Wet your hands a little and roll small portions of the mince mixture into balls then flatten them into patties. Wash your hands well and dry them.
4. Coat patties in extra wheat germ.
5. Heat a little vegetable oil in a small frying pan and fry patties gently over low/medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through completely.
6. Serve cut into ‘finger-food’ size. (Patties may be frozen for later use)