Creamy Potato & Kale Combo
Creamy Potato & Kale Combo-Baby Recipes
10 – 12 months
2 medium sized potatoes
1 cup of Kale (or use baby spinach or silverbeet leaves)
1/2 cup of plain yoghurt
1 tablespoon of butter
A pinch of salt
1. Peel and chop potatoes roughly.
2. Using a small pot, fill with water, add in the chopped potatoes and bring to the boil.
3. Remove stalks from the Kale and chop up roughly.
4. Using a separate pan, add in a little vegetable oil and bring to a medium to high heat.
5. Add in the chopped Kale to the hot pan and saute until cooked/wilted through.
6. Put cooked Kale and yoghurt into a small bowl and puree using a stick blender or food processor.
7. When potatoes are cooked strain the liquid and mash.
8. Combine the mashed potatoes, pureed kale/yoghurt, add in a tablespoon of butter and a pinch of salt.
9. Mix all together well and it is then ready to serve.