10 – 12 months
1 cup of plain (all purpose) flour
1 cup of dry baby rice cereal (plain or flavoured)
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
150 millilitres (5 fluid ounces) of very cold water
1. Preheat the oven to 180C (350F), and line a baking tray with greaseproof or baking paper.
2. Sift the flour into a medium-sized bowl and mix in the rice cereal, then pour in the oil and add the cold water little by little – stirring until everything comes together.
3. Form the dough into a ball and place on a floured surface.
4. With a rolling pin, gently but quickly roll out the dough to about 5 millimetres (just under ¼ inch) thickness and cut with a biscuit (cookie) cutter.
5. Gather offcuts, form back into a ball, re-roll and re-cut to use all the dough.
6. Lay the biscuits on the tray and bake for 15-20 minutes, until light brown.
7. Allow to cool on the tray, then remove and store in an airtight container (for up to 5 days).