12 – 36 months
1 medium sized potato
1. Peel the potato
2. Grate the potato finely.
3. Squeeze the grated potato to get rid of any excess liquid.
4. Heat up a medium sized pan and bring to a high heat.
5. Add in a little vegetable oil and spoon in the grated potato. Flatten the potato when it is in the pan. You may need to cook the hash browns off in two batches.
6. Cook until golden brown on both sides.
7. Remove from pan and rest them on paper towels to absorb any excess oil.
8. Serve when cooled down
Makes 15 small hash browns
Serve these up with some baked beans and a poached egg for a big breakfast!