Healthy Cheesy Muffins
12 – 36 months
½ a medium zucchini (courgette), grated finely
½ a medium carrot, peeled and grated finely
1 cup of grated Cheddar cheese
½ cup of self-raising white flour
½ cup of self-raising wholemeal flour
¼ cup of melted butter
¾ cup of natural yogurt
1 medium egg
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200C (400F).
2. Place 24 mini paper cases into two 12-hole mini muffin tins (or make 12 standard muffins.)
3. Sift the flours together and baking powder into a large bowl then add the vegetables and the cheese and use a fork to stir evenly together.
4. Put the melted butter, egg and yogurt into a separate bowl and beat well.
5. Make a hollow in the centre of the flour and pour in the wet ingredients then stir with a fork until just combined – do not beat or over-stir as the texture should be rather lumpy.
6. Using two teaspoons, divide the mixture evenly between the paper cases then place in the oven and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes (depending on the size), until lightly browned and done. Test by pushing a skewer or thin-bladed knife into a muffin – it should come out clean, with no sticky mixture on it.
7. Remove and cool on a wire tray.