10 – 12 months
250 grams (8 ounces) of lean minced (ground) beef
½ cup of oatmeal
½ a carrot, peeled and finely grated
½ a zucchini, peeled and finely grated
1 egg yolk
1 small pinch of ground pepper
1 small pinch of oregano
1. Preheat the oven to 200C (400F)
2. Combine all ingredients well in a large bowl.
3. Using wet hands, form spoonsful of mixture into 2.5cm (1 inch) balls.
4. Lightly grease a flat baking sheet, place meatballs on the sheet, and bake at 200C (400F) for 12-15 minutes.
5. When baked and cooled these can be open-frozen then stored in a zip-top bag in the freezer.