12 – 36 months
2 slices of wholemeal bread
1/2 cup of grated mozzarella cheese
1/4 teaspoon of olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tomato, finely diced
1 pinch of dried oregano
1. Preheat the oven to 200 deg C for 10-12 minutes.
2. To prepare the sauce, heat the olive oil in a a non-stick frying pan. Now, saute the garlic until golden and crisp.
3. Add the tomatoes and saute until the tomatoes turn mushy and tender. Sprinkle oregano on top. Turn off the flame.
4. Allow to cool at room temperature.
5. For a smooth sauce, blend the cooked tomatoes in a blender until smooth and then sprinkle the oregano.
6. To prepare the sandwich, take one bread slice and spread the prepared pizza sauce on one side of the bread. Spread the mozzarella and cheddar cheese over the sauce. Then close the sandwich with other slice of the bread.
7. Wrap tightly in foil and place it on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until the cheese melts. Before serving, remove the foil and diagonally cut the sandwich into four slices.