10 – 12 months
½ an onion, peeled and chopped
½ a green bell pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
1 cup of finely chopped broccoli
1 cup of finely chopped cauliflower
½ cup of finely chopped eggplant (aubergine)
½ tablespoon of olive oil
250 grams (8 ounces) of uncooked lasagna sheets
1 cup of cottage cheese
2 cups of grated mozzarella cheese
1 cup of pureed tomato (passata)
¾ cup of tomato juice
A small pinch each of basil and oregano
1. Preheat an oven to 180C (350F).
2. Combine the onion, eggplant, cauliflower, broccoli and pepper in one bowl, and combine the cheeses in another bowl.
3. Spread the oil over the bottom of a square or rectangular oven-proof dish.
4. Cover the bottom of the dish with a layer of uncooked lasagne – with the edges overlapping slightly – and distribute half the vegetable mixture over the lasagne.
5. Distribute half the cheese mixture over the vegetables and pour half the pureed tomato (passata) over the cheese.
6. Sprinkle the dried herbs on, then repeat the whole process with the rest of the lasagne, the vegetables and the cheeses.
7. Pour the tomato juice over the top and put into the oven to bake for one hour.